Tuesday, April 28, 2009

March 20, 2009

What a day! Quinlan Grant was brought into this world! That morning I arrived at the hospital at 5:00 a.m! I had to get there so early to do all the prep work, and into surgery at 7:00. All went smoothly and before I knew it I was walking to the OR. That is so scary. I was so incredibly nervous. After a few minutes of trying to get the dreaded spinal in, it finally happened. Minutes later at 7:16 Quinlan was born. He took a huge gulp of amniotic fluid when they pulled him out and had some trouble clearing it out. It took awhile for them to get him clear. NICU nurses were called in, it was quite scary. Once he was cleared they finally weighed him and yelled out that he weighed 5lbs 6 oz....what?!?!? They misread the scale. He was 9lbs 5.6 oz! Holy Cow! Never in a million years did I think I would have a baby that big! Here is what I looked like the day before I had him.


I was definitely huge, and I guess that shows right there why I had such a big boy!



I was sent to recovery for a couple of hours and this time, unlike with Evan, Quinlan came into recovery with me. I did not have to be seperated from him at all. He was even given his first bath in recovery. Evan had to have his first bath in the nursery without me!
Quinlan was born on Friday and after a long hospital stay we were released on Monday. We had so many visitors come to see us, it was wonderful! Oma and Papa were here for the weekend and Oma got to stay here for the first two weeks of Quinlan's life. It was so nice to have my mom here! She was a lifesaver. Cassidy and Evan were able to spend some time with their new brother they were so excited. Aunt Rinna Uncle Ken, Gannon, Marissa, Reanna, Aunt Lily, Uncle Greg, Noah, Aunt Angleica, Uncle Damian, Lela, Granpa, Erin, Liz Solis, Liz Hammell, Ally, Diana, Amber, Ronnie, Anna Grace, Chandler, Ryan, Leanne, and Jason were all able to come and visit with Quinlan.


We went home from the hospital Monday March 23, 2009. We adjusted nicely. Evan was not so sure of the baby, he seemed to want to poke him and hit on him more than anything.

Life with Quinlan, Evan and Cassidy has never been better! They are the light of our lives, absolute joys to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment